Wednesday, April 6, 2011

French Grain Sack Folding Screen

In my last post, I showed you my new space at the antique mall.  In it was this folding screen, and I wanted to share my before and after.



When I found the screen, It looked like this.




It was covered with macrame and had a broken bar, but I could tell the frame was really old and had potential.

I thought the screen would be lovely with vintage floral fabric panels.




Or with no panels and using it as a drying rack or to hang photos or art work.




Ultimately, I decided on french grain sack panels.  I painted them using my stencil method you can see here.




I addd a graphic from the Graphics Fairy  blog.  I used a transfer method I learned from Shellagh at Ticking and Toile.


And here it is again at the mall.




Please visit all the parties I'll be joining.  They are listed on my sidebar.

Janet

8 comments:

  1. It really looks wonderful! You have the ability to see what a piece can become. (while I am clueless.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I saw that beauty...which I was seeing it in person in my house. I have never seen a screen at any flea market or garage sale here...but I would LOVE one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out beautifully...bet it sells quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks wonderful...it will be gone before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun!! That look is so chic right now...you did a great job restoring the piece!

    Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your screen. I have had one like that for years and still have not decided how to decorate it. ~~Sherry~~

    ReplyDelete
  7. An awesome makeover for the screen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! Love how this turned out! I've been dying to try the transfer method that you used. I bet this will fly out of your booth :)
    I'm your newest follower!
    Take care!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete