Sunday, April 10, 2011

Adding Accents With Stencils

I found a few more things to add to my booth, but they needed just a little something.




Old buckets...



Got numbers.



 An old stool got a Paris address.




And then they all got taken to the antique mall.




I used an old shutter to make a shelf along the top of my booth. Since my booth is so small, I wanted to add more display space.  The booth behind mine has Christmas all year, so I guess there will always be Christmas trees in the background.  Hmmm, unless I can find a way to disguise them.  Any ideas?




I also added a stack of books and a great old scale I got at an auction.  Thanks for all the encouraging comments on opening my booth.  It really helped me feel more confident about my decision.

I'm joining a few parties listed on my side bar.  Please go visit.

Janet

12 comments:

  1. The pails and stool look great, Janet! Love the Paris stencil. I wonder if you could put some kind of connected shutters {you know, like a small size version of a room screen} up there {upright} and they could be a background for what you put up there as well as a screen against the Christmas trees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know which I love more. The pails or the stool. Okay, both! =)

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Jeanine....love them both!! Great ideas and your booth looks wonderful!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know those Christmas trees in the background would bother me too. Maybe you could get some kind of big sign with your business name made and put it permanently back there. Congrats on your new space ~ it looks great!
    I'm getting ready to have a space at a new store on May 1st. It won't be an antique mall, but a home decor store. Trying to gather as much as I can until then because I have an open house sale at my home the day before. Not the best timing, but that's how it goes.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the lettering on that stool! How very clever you are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love old buckets like that, but you really made them special when you added those numbers! And that stool looks fantastic too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your new additions!

    If the ceilings aren't that high can you hang something down to the top of the shelf in the back? Or perhaps just put a back on the shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the buckets - so cute!! I'm a new follower from Metamorphosis Monday and am happy to find you. Hope you can come visit us sometime: http://SallyLeeByTheSea.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The buckets are so adorable. I found you from Metamorphosis Monday. So glad I did. I am your latest follower. I would love for you to come and check out my blog and follow me back at www.diybydesign.blogspot.com. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the your things. Your booth looks great! Your newest follower....hope you can visit me sometime soon1

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is my first visit to your blog and I am so impressed! I love the buckets, love the stool and love that scale!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. It‘s so nice that I found your blog about your link on 'My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia'. So I’ve scrolled a little and like what I see. Now I’m your new follower! ;)

    Take care
    Tine

    ReplyDelete