Monday, January 18, 2010

Kitchen Shelving Project - Day 2

Emptying the Shelves

Not as easy as you might think.  I want to keep a lot of the pieces that I currently have on the shelves.  They will have to be stored elsewhere in the kitchen, however the rest of the kitchen is full.  I once read that if you need more storage, look up.  So that's what I did.  Here are some other examples of "looking up" for storage.


~Marta Stewart~


~Apatrmenttherapy~

In the bathroom


~nataliemeester~

In the kitchen



~apartmenttherapy~

In the living room



~slidersgirl64~

In the office



~sharons scrapbook~

In the laundry room


~hmwrksol~

In the garage





And here's what I decided to do.  I added a second shelf in my laundry room closet.  Not beautiful, but functional.  And it's behind closed doors.  I was able to move some things out of my kitchen cabinets and make room for the shelf items I want to keep.





And finally, empty shelves.

Janet

1 comment:

  1. Finding space always seems to be a dilema. Look up, hmmm... I think I've already done that. OK, maybe there are one or two spots over doors. I'll work on that thought. Thanks for the inpiration.

    But I'm really looking forward to what you do with those empty shelves!
    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete