Saturday, March 13, 2010

~Slipcover Party~


Did somebody say slipcover party?  I hope I'm not too late to join.  It's being held at Pink and Polka Dot .  This picture shows three of my slipcovers in one.  The chair, the table in back, and my toile table slipcover. 



The chair is my first and favorite slipcover.  I made it many years ago and it was my daughter's favorite place to lay and watch tv.  One arm and side were worn to threads, so I took the chair to the basement.  I was going to get it reupholstered or just get rid of it.  I started shopping around and decided both were too expensive at the time.  Since I had a lot of fabric left, I ripped off the worn pieces and replaced them.  Now it's my favorite chair again. 





I love the way the back turned out.




My sister-in-law got this chair out of the trash and gave it to me.  The back is upholstered and the seat is slipcovered.  The cat just wants to be the center of attention.





This was my most recent project.  A chair for the corner of my dining room.   I'm definitely thinking I need more ruffles this year.

Thanks for stopping by to see my slipcovers.

Janet

15 comments:

  1. I just luv the ruffles on the chair in your dining room...soooo CUTE! Hope you have a FUN day:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a very hard worker. And all the pieces are beautiful and professional looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! amazing! your slips are gorgeous! i love found furniture from the trash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your slipcovers are wonderful. I really need to slipcover a sofa, but that is a project that I havn't ever tackled. I should just give it a go and see what happens. Yours are wonderful. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your slips are just beautiful! I'm in love with ruffles too, they are so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all just beautiful! I love your fabric choices and you did a wonderful job on these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job - Love all of them !
    I haven't done a slipcover ..yet ! LOL !
    Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful covers... so glad that I stumbled in! I am visiting by way of New Friend Friday at TGC and have become a follower. Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place one day this week! until later...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your slip covers! The ruffles are so chic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your blog and your house is so beautiful! You are one talented lady and the things you make are amazing. I really need to learn to use power tools so I can do more stuff myself and not rely on my hubby all the time! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are all beautiful! My favorite is the one on that table 'cause that red and white toile is my favorite fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome job! I love the last one....ruffles are bliss! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. If I could have a wish...I would Wish I could slipcover my chairs.I think this would be the hardest think to do...so you did and amazeing job.Trish

    ReplyDelete