Sunday, January 17, 2010

Kitchen Shelving Project - Day 1

Finding Inspiration

I have open shelving in my kitchen that is in need of a makeover.




This is my "before".

I like to look at magazines and online images for ideas and inspiration. All photos are from Country  Living mgazine.



My shelves have only held dishes, but I like the food storage idea.





A lot of storage on these shelves.  Something I definitely have to take into consideration.  My shelves have to hold my everyday dishes - they cannot be display only.



Love the colors on this one.




Pretty, but too sparse for me.



This is my favorite, but I know mine will have more color and more "stuff".





This is pretty and functional.



And this I just really want.

Janet

9 comments:

  1. What a great post.I'm not usually a fan of when someone uses photos from professional photography, but yours are so on point. I'm anxious to see what you do. But I think your's looks pretty darn good right now. I know I stuggle between having storage be functional and look good.
    I've just come across your blog and am really enjoying it.
    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Janet. I love the look of open shelving too, but i know I could never pull it off!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ji Janet, i think the open shelves give a kitchen character. I'm sure with all that inspiration, it will look great when your done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with the other comments that open shelving in a kitchen gives it character. I don't have any open shelving and have been contemplating adding some to my kitchen...not a lot...I have too much ugly stuff that needs to stay behind closed doors!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see how this all turns out. I love the idea of the open shelves too. I've always been worried about the dirt, grease, etc. How do you keep your dishes clean now? Maybe you have to be a good housekeeper to have these open shelves. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you sure that's your BEFORE?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have open shelving, but no pics yet. We painted behind the plates with a mistint yellow from Wallie world. Perfect! I have a small collectiion of iron stone, mixed with just white stuff and tarnished silver. Great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your work is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love open shelving and installed it in my vintage farmhouse as well as my tiny house. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete